Sunday, June 23, 2013

Oklahoma!

One word: windy!

If you don't already know what your discs do in the wind, you will find out here. The course in Foss state park is laid out on a ridge, above this nice lake. The holes would not be very challenging if not for the wind. And the home-made-looking baskets can spit out even the nicest putt. The tire bottom is a good idea, but the chains are too light.

It was a nice way to break up a drive, though. I played nine holes with a pitiful score of thirty four, with most of the bogeys coming on one headwind hole where several throws got me no closer to the basket.

Strange that with Oklahoma being right next door, it has taken me this long to play it. But it just never worked out, until now. If I am counting right, this its my thirty ninth state playing disc golf.I hope too hit forty in a couple of days!

No comments:

Post a Comment